Tom in Belgium

Moderators: Alostum, david, janlouies

Alostum
Site Admin

Tom in Belgium

Berichtdoor Alostum » 24 Feb 2017, 09:59

Kreeg uit Canada volgende vraag binnen ;

Hello from Canada!
I am not sure how to post this to your users... but we hope someone out there will be able to help us. I am hoping the administrators can help me.
My name is Stacey and my husband's name is Paul. We are on a trip to retrace Paul's father's service with the Canadian army in WW2.
We know that he stayed with a family in Aalst and he often spoke fondly of his time there until he passed away. We hope to make contact with the friendly people of Aalst who were so kind to a Canadian boy from long ago.
We want to meet them, thank them and share a drink. We are coming in April and hope to sort this out before we leave. the only thing we have to help us, is the attached photo. We hope someone out there will recognise the address or people in it. This trip is a tribute to the kindness our two countries shared and we hope to acknowledge his service and greet warmly the people he longed to return to.
I will attach the photo to the email address when I get an acknowledgement from the administrator.
thank you so much... I really hope this works.

Afbeelding

Kan iemand helpen ?
De wereld gaat door, de tijd gaat voorbij, mensen gaan weg en soms keren ze niet meer terug en blijven alleen nog foto's achter. Robert Frank (1924-2019)

Alostum
Site Admin

Re: Tom in Belgium

Berichtdoor Alostum » 24 Feb 2017, 21:37

Germaan Hector (Germain) Van Laethem is geboren op 07-04-1904 in Aalst, zoon van Carolus Antonius Maria Van Laethem en Francisca Carkers.

Adres:

1935 Drie Sleutelstraat 12, Aalst

Beroep:

1935 bedrijfsleider
Germain trouwde met Irma Van Daele.
De wereld gaat door, de tijd gaat voorbij, mensen gaan weg en soms keren ze niet meer terug en blijven alleen nog foto's achter. Robert Frank (1924-2019)

Alostum
Site Admin

Re: Tom in Belgium

Berichtdoor Alostum » 15 Feb 2020, 14:11

Nog even onder de aandacht brengen ... iemand die meer weet ?

Terug naar “Tweede Wereldoorlog”